Packs vs. Bundles, What's the difference?
A bundle in Spark Shipping is one SKU in your store that consists of multiple vendor SKUs in Spark Shipping. Think of products that are sold in Kits, examples would be bundles of Wheels & Tires, or a dining set of chairs and a table.
A pack however, is one SKU in your store that represents a multi-quantity of the same item. A protein shake that is sold in a pack of 6 or 12 is a good example. It is one SKU mapped to one vendor SKU.
Setting up Packs can be done in 2 ways:
- Via bulk upload
- One pack at a time.
Setting up Packs via bulk upload:
- Prepare a csv file of 3 columns: Product SKU, Vendor SKU, Pack Qty
- Set up the template in Spark Shipping to use it to upload Pack Quantities.
- For built-in vendors: Go to vendors > click on the vendor name > Advanced > New Inventory Update
- For custom vendors: Go to vendors > click on the vendor name > Overview > New Inventory Update
3. Set the strategy to Manual Upload > File type is CSV > Upload your file as a sample file > Create Inventory.
4. Map the columns in Spark Shipping to the columns from your file :
Vendor SKU to Vendor SKU. Product SKU to Product SKU. Package Quantity to Pack Qty. Make sure to click 'Update Inventory' at the bottom of the page.
5. Go back to the vendor page and Upload Inventory.
Here is a quick video capture of the process:
Setting up Packs one by one:
- Find the product under Products and click on the SKU
- Scroll down to find the Edit button
- Enter the desired package quantity for the product and click Update.
- The product should be labeled with the Pack QTY now.
Please sign in to leave a comment.