You may need to disable a vendor temporarily for different reasons. Vendors may announce a scheduled outage, maintenance, or warehouse relocation during which you may need to halt all operations (inventory updates, and orders fulfillment).
Here are the steps to disable a vendor for each vendor type:
Prebuilt Vendor Integrations:
- Go to Vendors > click on the vendor name > Overview > find the integration settings and uncheck all 3 boxes.
- Go to Maintenance > Set All SKUs to Zero (this is to zero-out the current stock in your store. Remember, disabling inventory updates does not mean resetting it, so you need to make sure this step is done for a complete vendor disabling.
Custom Vendor Integrations:
- Go to Vendors > click on the vendor name > Overview
- Find any automated inventory files and click on Edit
- Switch the Strategy to None and Update. Once you're ready to re-enable the vendor, you may switch this setting back to where it was, Spark Shipping will keep all your settings in place so they won't be lost.
- Go back to the vendor page and click on Update Fulfillment Settings > Update the strategy to None and Update.