Automatic pricing updates are used by most of our customers. It saves you a ton of work! However, there are some important things for customers to check often when using automatic pricing quickly.
Of course, you must first ensure automatic pricing is turned on and your markup percentage is defined.
See these articles on how to do this:
Tolerance Percentage (site-wide level)
The tolerance value is a percentage that you specify, triggering an alert when a price change exceeds the percentage you entered. This alert is shown in the Pending Price Updates box. If an item is in the pending price updates box, the price is not changed until you approve it. Many of our customers find setting this somewhere between 20-30% helpful. This value applies to your entire site.
Example: You are using automatic pricing and have your tolerance level set to 20%. At one of your vendors, the price is marked down 25%. Instead of Spark Shipping changing the price by 25%, the item price is held until you approve it in the Price Pending Updates box.
To enable it:
-From the Spark Shipping top menu bar, click "Automation" then "Pricing."
-Scroll down to the "Tolerance" field; define your tolerance percentage (e.g., 20%)
-Click "Update Price Settings" to finalize
How to check your pending price updates:
Depending on your tolerance setting, you will want to check this more or less often. A higher tolerance requires less frequent checks
- From the Spark Shipping top menu bar, click Automation then Pricing
- Scroll to Pending Price Updates
- Review the pricing information to make sure this price change makes sense for your business
- Click on the product link;
- You will see an Actions: Update now button; click this to approve the change
What if you are receiving too many pending price update alerts?
Consider changing your threshold to a higher percentage value if it makes sense for your business.
- Update pending until in stock (Amazon only) - Amazon does not allow prices to be updated for out-of-stock products. Spark Shipping will monitor the stock of this product and update the price automatically once it comes back in stock.
🎥See this demo video on how to set up Pricing Automation: